Do gaps in your smile impact your confidence in smiling and eating your favourite foods?
Unfortunately we can often loose teeth through cavities, periodontal disease, and trauma.The good news is that if you do loose a tooth, Old Street Dental Clinic has a variety of ways to help you. Here are three treatment options available:
Dentures can be used to replace some or even all of your missing teeth. They look like real teeth, and you can use them like real teeth. However they are removable. You take your dentures out at night to let your gums rest, just like you take your shoes off at night to let your feet rest.
There are various types of dentures available including
- Standard Acrylic Dentures
- Metal Frame Dentures
- Flexible Plastic Dentures
- Implant Retained Dentures
A bridge is a fixture placed over a gap to join two unconnected objects. A dental bridge is just like that. We put a replacement tooth in the place of your missing tooth and join it to the teeth either side of the gap.
Our bridges are created to look as natural as possible. We use ceramic materials to create replacement fixtures that look and feel like real teeth.
A dental implant is a titanium screw placed in the jaw bone that allows for an artificial tooth (crowns, bridges, or dentures) to be joined to it.
Dental Implants can be life changing:
- Providing a more natural smile and improving appearance and self-esteem
- Preserve facial structure by virtually stopping deterioration of the jaw
- Restoring the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state.
- Avoid filing down healthy neighbouring teeth
- Increasing comfort and eliminating a restrictive diet caused by loose fitting dentures
Call us today to arrange an appointment if you have missing teeth and gaps.