Do you have stained teeth that make you feel self-conscious about smiling?
Teeth whitening is a safe and highly popular procedure used to improve the colour of natural teeth and is a great way to brighten up your smile. There are a number of suggested ways to whiten teeth however at Old Street Dental Clinic we only carry out treatments that are scientifically proven and safe.
How does it work?
- The procedure itself should not cause any discomfort and is relatively easy to complete.
- Before getting started, we simply recommend that patients schedule a dental exam with our dentists who will then examine your teeth and gums to ensure that they are healthy enough for whitening.
- Our dentists are able to take before/after shades and photographs to assess success.
- At Old Street Dental Clinic we recommend whitening trays. This method is effective and puts patients in control over how white their teeth become and how often they are whitened.
- The dentist starts by having an impression taken of your teeth. This impression is then used to create customised whitening trays in a dental lab. They fit securely around teeth and will not leak solution into the mouth. This is an ideal way for patients to whiten teeth because once they are created, they can be used at any time.
- Patients are provided with a whitening solution to use at home, and the trays need to be worn every night for a week or more.
- Once teeth have reached the perfect shade of white, you can stop wearing the trays. The dentist will then review you to ensure the treatment has been successful.
Make an appointment today to see how whitening your teeth can improve your confidence.